Savanna is a beautiful little girl. She is very strong and was doing wonderful. She has big eyes, a cute well shaped nose, small, flat to her head ears, very petite features and a well shaped head with just a shadow of dark hair on top but quite a bit on the back.
She has a very cute mouth that can open very wide. Valerie is a devoted mother and thoroughly enjoys her newborn babies. So much so that I had to ask to hold Savanna. Actually partly because I was busy trying to keep up with Brittany, Alex, Abigail and Parker. They all were so tender and sweet to their new little sister.
Abigial especially loved to hold her and would sit for the longest time just talking to her. She and I shared some special times singing to Savanna and helping to calm her when she would cry, which wasn't very often. Well maybe Valerie would disagree with that statement in the middle of the night.
Grandpa Ward & Neil came up to Valerie & Wyatt's for a bit one afternoon and it was interesting the things that Grandpa said. He wasn't sure he should come because he didn't think Valerie would remember him. He wasn't sure he should come because he didn't know the baby's name. He asked about the motorhome that Wyatt's friend had bought from him. He hadn't shaved or bathed for a few days so he looked a smelled less than fresh but we all enjoyed his visit. It was very emotional to think about him being there without Mom. Both Valerie & I shed a few tears. He seemed so happy to hold her. When I asked if He'd like me take her he said, Why don't you think I know how to hold her?" He seemed to really enjoy her. On my way home I was able to spend some time at my Dad's going through a few more of Mom's things.(And to enjoy some sourdough pancakes - yes that's right Neil has Dad making sourdough pancakes again!!!)
I was very blessed to have my legs remain strong enough to deal with all the time I was on my feet while I was there. It was an answer to prayer. Really it was a miracle that I didn't have to use my crutches at all while I was there. I just need to get my knees replaced. Thank you Valerie & Wyatt for allowing me to serve your family and be there during Savanna's first week of life. What a blessing these sweet grandchildren are in our lives. Valerie & Wyatt please let us know when you will be blessing her as soon as you decide.
1 comment:
She is really beautiful. Sounds like is truly a bundle of joy.
Post a Comment