Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Christmas 2011





Valerie stayed in Utah a few days after Thanksgiving and finished her Christmas shopping then I went back to Idaho with her (we picked up my brother Neil at the airport on our way) to spend a few days with my Dad. When I got back from there we quickly decorated the house and tree because Keith's sister Dorothy was coming back from a cruise they'd been on and I wanted the house decorated. It was fun to use the ornaments we'd bought in the Phillipines although I didn't even take a picure of the tree this year. Then it was onto final prep for the Relief Society Christmas program. Next a day in Midway with Keith's family and going to see "the Forgotten Carols" with Barbara & Mark Hale. I love that play and the music has become my favorite Christmas music. With only a week left until Christmas, Keith and I spent an evening wrapping gifts which was fun. We listened to Christmas music and talked a lot about our family. We went bowling again on Christmas Eve then did a fun treasure hunt that Keith put together about the fruits of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We let the little ones put the nativity together as we read the scriptures about Christ's birth and sang some songs. Christmas Day we went to Tooele first thing to see Luke, Katie, Sara and Viviane open their gifts and enjoyed a yummy breakfast with Scott & EmmaLee's family. We came back home and Randy, Heidi, Tyson & Abby came over and we gave them their gifts. Randy was quite sick so he didn't go with us over to Melissa and Spencer's to see Jessica, Branson and Preston open our gifts to them. It was a great day spending time with our family. It was snowy outside but the joy in my heart at getting to spend time with so much of our family and watching children at Christmas is just the best. It makes all the stress and pressure that I seem to create for myself at Christmas, all worth it. I love studying the details of the Christmas story and found a copy online of "The Mansion" a story that President Monson reads every Christmas - it really puts things into perspective. We hosted a Pryor family party here after Christmas before we started pulling things together so we could go to our family reunion, where we brought in the New Year with our whole family being together. YIPEE!



There are no pictures of Randy & Heidi's family because Randy slept most of the day and was just not presentable in his pj's - just kidding I could have at least taken one of Heidi and the kids. Sorry about that.

1 comment:

Melissa Turner said...

WE enjoy spending time with the family. Bowling was so much fun, thanks.