It froze both Saturday and Sunday nights and we lost our cucumbers and basil plants. Amazingly the tomatoes and peppers survived. We covered things up after the first frost with some homemade hot caps. Freezer paper works great.
I took this picture Monday morning, May 24th after it quit snowing. Earlier the branches of the lilac tree were touching the ground. The green you see (now snowcovered) to the right of the lilac bush is our abundant spring crop of lettuce and spinach. I hope they survived the frost and the snow. We have been loving such fresh greens in our diet. So much for early planting. Even though along with the wet we got some cold we are grateful for this much needed moisture. Whenever spring finally decides to arrive we will welcome it gladly.
1 comment:
Crazy spring weather. I thought our winds have been bad, atleast we don't have snow :)
Post a Comment