Monday, March 15, 2010

Words of wisdom ?? you decide

The crew onboard our whale watching adventure were so smart about the dolphins and the whales we saw. One thing they mentioned about the gray whales was you could tell approximatley how old they were by the amount or barnacles they carried on them (sometimes up to 100 lbs). This happens because they move slowly. They migrate from the feeding/ mating near Alaska in the spring to the warmer waters near Baja of California to give birth in winter. I got to thinking about the slow moving & barnacle thing and I decided that I don't want to be like the gray whales and move through life so slowly that I allow barnacles to grow on me. Do what you'd like with that new piece of wisdom :)



Barnacles or not seeing these whales in the ocean was amazing.

No comments: